By Laura K. McClure
- The so much modern scholarship on Euripides and his oeuvre, that includes the newest texts and commentaries
- Leading students within the box speak about all of Euripides’ performs and their afterlife with breadth and depth
- A devoted part makes a speciality of the reception of Euripidean drama because the Hellenistic
- Original and provocative interpretations of Euripides and his performs forge very important paths of in destiny scholarship
Read Online or Download A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
Periodizing modern fiction opposed to the backdrop of neoliberalism, After Critique identifies a amazing draw back from innovative politics between a cadre of key twenty-first-century authors. via authoritative readings of foundational texts from writers resembling Percival Everett, Helena Viramontes, Uzodinma Iweala, Colson Whitehead, Tom McCarthy, and David Foster Wallace, Huehls charts a unique movement clear of regular kinds of political critique grounded in rights discourse, ideological demystification, and the identity of injustice and inequality.
English Literature via Rev. Stopford Brooke. This booklet is a replica of the unique publication released in 1894 and should have a few imperfections equivalent to marks or hand-written notes.
Powers of Darkness is a tremendous literary discovery: In 1900, Icelandic writer and author Valdimar Ásmundsson got down to translate Bram Stoker’s international well-known 1897 novel Dracula. known as Makt Myrkranna (literally, “Powers of Darkness”), this Icelandic version integrated an unique preface written through Stoker himself.
James Weldon Johnson (1871–1938) exemplified definitely the right of the yankee public highbrow as a author, educator, songwriter, diplomat, key determine of the Harlem Renaissance, and primary African American government of the NAACP. initially released anonymously in 1912, Johnson’s novel The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored guy is taken into account one of many foundational works of twentieth-century African American literature, and its topics and types were taken up through different writers, from Ralph Ellison to Teju Cole.
- Pseudonymous Shakespeare: Rioting Language in the Sidney Circle
- Tracing the Lines: Reflections on Contemporary Poetics and Cultural Politics in Honour of Roy Miki
- Sarah Orne Jewett: Reconstructing Gender: eng
- The Peacekeeper's Wife
- Plant of a Strange Vine: >Oratio Corrupta< and the Poetics of Senecan Tragedy (Beiträge zur Altertumskunde)
Additional resources for A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Euripides (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Laura K. McClure